Monday, August 20, 2007

On Secrets

Opinion of Start Up Blog which I am not necessarily sharing but respecting (AP)

I used to think that it's better to keep your business idea a secret. Then I read that "secrets kill you". I read it in the Bootstrappers Bible by Seth Godin. It's very true. You can get a copy here.

Firstly – no one is going to steal your idea. The idea is the easy bit. The execution is the hard part. Truth be told it is more likely that someone else will start doing what you are if they don't know it's already being done.

Proof – how many times have you had a great new business idea only to find out it has already been done. Then you simply move on.

By keeping it a secret – it not only chips away at your confidence, you remove the potential for your circle to help you nurture it and bring it to life.


2 comments:

iClubber said...

Hey there! Interesting insight, but what does it mean to you in the end of the day? And to your idea(s)? :)

Alexey Patsko said...

Hey, good hearing from you!
As said - I am not necessarily sharing, but respecting the opinion... thus whispering about my ideas rather than shouting ;)